Mathematics is a creative discipline that is essential to everyday life, critical to science, technology and engineering, and necessary for financial literacy and most forms of employment. A first-rate mathematics education therefore affords the basis for understanding the world and the capacity to reason mathematically which will be used throughout life.
In line with the national curriculum for mathematics, 2KickStartU works to ensure that all children:
- become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that children develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language
- can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and non-routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
The specifications in which we work to with GCSE students enable students to:
1. develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
2. acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
3. reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
4. comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context